Sunday, February 28, 2010

Anybody publish anything in HOG magazine?

Or any other magazines, for that matter. I sent off a query and I'm hoping HOG magazine will pay me for an article. Here's a snippet:

As I roll up to the red light and come to a stop just before the crosswalk line, I look over and she's pulling alongside on her 2010 Fat Boy Lo. She looks directly at me and says, "I love this bike!" adding emphasis to what is obvious to anyone within eyesight of her smiling face. Ten months ago, when I jumped back into motorcycling, it was a different story.

She was standing, arms crossed, between a rack of leather jackets and a shelf of t-shirts, in our local Harley shop. I can’t claim for certain that she was tapping a toe, but it would have been right in character for the moment. She wouldn’t make eye contact with me for very long. When she did, her brown eyes burned; I knew I’d sparked a fire that day. I made the choice a couple of weeks earlier to buy a new Harley-Davidson Fat Bob and I’d done it without waiting to gain full approval of the chief financial officer of our home. That’s what set things to burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment